Re: 2nd Working Group Last Call: draft-ietf-httpbis-encryption-encoding-03.txt

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 06:27:01 +0000
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
--------
In message <90ee7958-5697-23ad-6f52-060f58800067@gmx.de>, Julian Reschke writes
:

>In any case: this sounds like a band-aid. I think it would be good to
>discuss the whole parametrization of content codings...

I have been pondering the "only encryptions will need parameters"
comment somebody made some days ago, and I have a hard time finding
out why that should be true.

Why is it that encryptions cannot prefix their necessary parameters
in the wame way compressions do (see gzip header) ?

Or to be concrete:  Why wouldn't this work:

   HTTP/1.1 200 OK
   Transfer-Encoding: chunked

   {magic marker}
   keyid="me@example.com";