Re: WGLC comment on draft-ietf-httpbis-encryption-encoding-03, was: Encryption content coding simplification

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2016 20:48:21 +1100
To: Kari Hurtta <hurtta-ietf@elmme-mailer.org>
On 15 October 2016 at 17:10, Kari Hurtta <hurtta-ietf@elmme-mailer.org> wrote:
>> ...where the only difference is that any content coding that *can* have
>> parameters MUST have an associated entry in CE-params.
>
> This looks like good idea and is unambiguous.

I think that I will need to find a solution to this, and I think that
Julian's (originally phk's) suggestion to put the content encoding
label at the head of each value is a great one in light of this
feedback.  However, maybe we can dispense with the notion that there
is a generic need for content-encoding parameters (and thus avoid the
name change).

I will work on a proposal when it's not late, the weekend, etc...