Re: SETTINGS_MIXED_SCHEME_PERMITTED | Re: I-D Action: draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-encryption-07.txt

> Am 06.10.2016 um 20:12 schrieb Mike Bishop <Michael.Bishop@microsoft.com>:
>
> """
> Before using a secure alternative for an http:// origin, a client MUST first request /.well-known/http-opportunistic at that origin.  If this resource exists and a not-stale 2xx response is obtained, then requests for the origin MAY be directed toward the secure alternative.
> The contents of this resource do not matter.  If multiple http:// origins are coalesced onto the same connection to a secure alternative, a client MUST obtain an http-opportunistic resource from each origin separately.
> """

+1

I like this because it avoids the hop-by-hop problem of a SETTING where it is the origin server's responsibility to get it right. And, as Martin noted, Alt-Svc headers are a possible angle of attack if clients have no other means to verify the server capability.

-Stefan