Re: WebSocket2

> Is there request header to request no caching? There is certainly a
> response header to request no caching.

I believe there is no request that can specify "don't cache", but I may be
wrong.

> Or perhaps use a dedicated method? It would seem pretty obivous that
> if you see a unknown method, you shouldn't assume very much about what
> it is.

I think adding/using an unconventional method will be way beyond the scope
of what
is presented.  I do not think anyone will implement that?

> Unfortunately, HTTP/2 does not have strict scheme handling like I
> proposed. With it, one could just have directly used the wss scheme
> (or ws for oppsec) and be done with it.

:scheme is perfect! Wow.  If we could pass ws/wss for example as the scheme
that
fits perfectly. Looking at https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3986#section-3.1
the spec for schemes
it seems ws and wss are perfectly valid schemes to use and are registered;
http://www.iana.org/assignments/uri-schemes/uri-schemes.xhtml.

If we wanted to pass ws2, we would have to register the scheme which I think
should not be a problem.  As ws2 will not be backwards compatible with
ws/wss.  Would wss2 need to be included as well in this case?

So in the current state of affairs, using wss as the scheme over HTTP/2
will default to using
WebSocket2. Using ws as the scheme will default to WebSocket2 as well (for
backwards compat).
So if the client API uses WebSocket("ws://my-http2-server.com/channel") or
wss, both should
go to WebSocket2.

Where is the problem in HTTP/2 that would disallow schemes different from
http and https, I do not see
anything related to this?

> It seems to me that using https:// GET here is rather dangerous. Even with
> extra custom headers.