FW: New Version Notification for draft-thomson-http2-client-certs-02.txt

The changes here are not nearly as substantial as in the last version; this officially submits the changes we made based on list feedback following the previous draft.

-----Original Message-----
From: internet-drafts@ietf.org [mailto:internet-drafts@ietf.org]
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2016 2:58 PM
To: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>; Mike Bishop <Michael.Bishop@microsoft.com>
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-thomson-http2-client-certs-02.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-thomson-http2-client-certs-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Mike Bishop and posted to the IETF repository.

Name:  draft-thomson-http2-client-certs
Revision: 02
Title:  Reactive Certificate-Based Client Authentication in HTTP/2
Document date: 2016-03-14
Group:  Individual Submission
Pages:  19

Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-thomson-http2-client-certs-02

Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-thomson-http2-client-certs-02

Abstract:
   Some HTTP servers provide a subset of resources that require
   additional authentication to interact with.  HTTP/1.1 servers rely on
   TLS renegotiation that is triggered by a request to a protected
   resource.  HTTP/2 made this pattern impossible by forbidding the use
   of TLS renegotiation.  While TLS 1.3 provides an alternate mechanism
   to obtain client certificates, this mechanism does not map well to
   usage in TLS 1.2.

   This document describes a how client authentication might be
   requested by a server as a result of receiving a request to a
   protected resource.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat