Re: Call for Adoption: TCP Tuning for HTTP

From: Matthew Kerwin <matthew@kerwin.net.au>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2016 09:09:24 +1000
To: Leif Hedstrom <leif@ogre.com>
Cc: ietf-http-wg@w3.org, Amos Jeffries <squid3@treenet.co.nz>
On 09/03/2016 8:54 AM, "Leif Hedstrom" <leif@ogre.com> wrote:

> Good point. I think “none" is better than "just Linux", which would force
the authors to describe each option in a TCP and protocol standards way
(and not implementation specific). Sounds like a lot of work though.

> That much said, that might turn it into a difficult document to read. In
the end, what many people need is a single sysctl.conf (etc.) file to
deploy. :-).

> Cheers,
>
> — Leif

Make the main prose TCP-pure and hard to read, then whack in some "example"
appendices/subsections showing how to do it in common implementations/OSes.
If the emphasis is right (that the prose is canon, the examples are
illustrative), it should work well.