Re: [tcpm] Call for Adoption: TCP Tuning for HTTP

On Sat, Mar 05, 2016 at 12:54:08PM +0000, Ben Niven-Jenkins wrote:
> Does the doc need to cover operating systems at all?
>
> Is it sufficient to have the explanations and describe what to tune and leave
> it to the reader to work out how to set tunable foo on their operating
> system?

I don't have a strong opinion on this, and I'm not the author, Daniel
did this work. I think that suggesting examples of what settings are
available in certain operating systems to achieve some of the explained
concepts is useful, especially to counter the mis-information or bad
advices found on many blogs. But sending that as strict rules is not
a good thing considering that RFCs are supposed to serve as a reference
for a long time while operating systems change.

Willy