Re: non authenticated alternate services (was Re: AD review of draft-ietf-httpbis-alt-svc-10)

On Sat, Jan 16, 2016 at 3:04 PM, Patrick McManus <pmcmanus@mozilla.com>
wrote:

> I do have a concern that when reviewing the registry of .well-known
> https://www.iana.org/assignments/well-known-uris/well-known-uris.xml it
> isn't exactly overrun with well-used mechanisms. It seems to me .well-known
> is often offered up in the solutions space but not implemented as often.

I forgot to mention, in favor of .wk, that the async nature of alt-svc
makes it a bit of a special snowflake itself.. and in that case it might
fit better with a .w-k fetch than many other problem spaces. That paragraph
was mostly just thinking out loud.

-P