From: Martin Thomson [martin.thomson@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, January 03, 2016 10:50 PM
To: Piotr Galecki
Cc: HTTP Working Group
Subject: Re: alt-svc and proxies

We've discussed intermediation a lot on this list and concluded that
the current text was adequate.

A proxy in the sense you are concerned about is a client, as you can
see from https://httpwg.github.io/specs/rfc7230.html#operation

A proxy can forward Alt-Svc because clients that are configured to use
a proxy for a request will do so regardless of what they learn about
alternative services:

> A client configured to use a proxy for a given request SHOULD NOT directly connect to an alternative service for this request, but instead route it through that proxy.
-- https://httpwg.github.io/http-extensions/alt-svc.html#switching