RE: The "http-opportunistic" well-known URI | draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-encryption-06

WFM.

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Thomson [mailto:martin.thomson@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2016 6:19 PM
To: Kari hurtta <hurtta-ietf@elmme-mailer.org>
Subject: Re: The "http-opportunistic" well-known URI | draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-encryption-06

On 29 June 2016 at 02:09, Kari hurtta <hurtta-ietf@elmme-mailer.org> wrote:
> 1) Pick first matching member
> 2) Pick last matching member
> 3) Treat "http-opportunistic" as invalid
> 4) Merge some way all matching members

Or 5) pick any matching member.
Or 6) leave it to chance.

I think that given the state of JSON parsers, we should take option 6.
Not all parsers will make duplicate keys detectable.  And some generate fatal errors.

Thus: A client MAY use any matching origin object, but by preference they SHOULD pretend that conflicting values don't exist.

I think that's it's worth explaining why we choose this option too.
How does https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/205 look to you?