Re: Call for Adoption: Cache Digests for HTTP/2

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 3:52 PM, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net> wrote:

> <https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kazuho-h2-cache-digest-01>
>
> This draft has been discussed both out in the community and at our
> meetings, and there seems to be a decent amount of interest in it. So, this
> is a Call for Adoption to add it to our set of working documents.
>
> Please state whether you support adoption, and ideally why. Expressions of
> interest in implementation would also be very helpful.
>
> We'll wait at least one week before making a decision.
>
> N.B. Because I'm co-author on the draft, Natasha Rooney has kindly agreed
> to judge consensus on the CfA, and act as Document Shepherd if we do adopt
> it.
>
> Cheers,

​I support this draft, and will implement it in nghttp2.
I've not followed the recent development into the latest draft, but I know
cache digest from its early stage, and like its spirit.  It would make
HTTP/2 push really powerful feature.

For implementation, nghttp2 has an extension framework to add third-party
non-critical frames.  We can use it to implement the draft before its final
release, to offer the decent test bed for interoperability.

Best regards,
Tatsuhiro Tsujikawa​