Re: Comments on httpbis-client-hints-01

On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 9:07 PM, Ilya Grigorik <igrigorik@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 5:11 AM, Vasiliy Faronov <vfaronov@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Just be silent about it. Just as with other non-critical header
>> fields, such as User-Agent.
>

> Define non-critical?

One that doesn't have security implications, like Content-Length does.

I may be missing some context here: perhaps you have a specific idea
of who will be implementing this spec? I assumed it would be
interesting to a wide range of sites, and would be used by ordinary
Web developers. I don't think they will care about those details, so
you will end up with text that doesn't match the implementations.

However, I'm not an implementer, and this issue is not important to
me, so it's your call.

--
Vasiliy