Re: Call for Adoption: Same-site Cookies

On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 7:24 AM, Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 4 May 2016 at 17:17, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net> wrote:
> > 1) Your intent to implement it (or lack thereof).

​We are currently working on supporting same-site cookies, targeting
Firefox 50​
​.
​

> > 2) Your support for the spec (or lack thereof).

Mozilla supports this feature.
​

> My only reservation is the further slide
> ​ ​
> into cookie-madness.  Cookies never played by origin, but we're making
> ​ ​
> it worse and worse and worse.

​How so? Cookies are already madness; the recent proposals have been
attempts to give sites a way to opt-in to safer behaviors without forcing
everything to upgrade at once.

-
​Dan Veditz​