Re: Issue with "bytes" Range Unit and live streaming

 > You mean response must contain content length?

Not a Content-Length header, no.  A "Transfer-Encoding: chunked" header
can be used to represent an open-ended response.  But apparently the
Content-Range response header can't be open-ended for a requested
open-ended range.  It provides the requested first-byte-pos and the
current last-byte-pos.  However, it can report an instance length of *
to indicate the server does not know the full length of the entity being
requested.

Remy Lebeau
Lebeau Software