Re: Protocol Action: 'An HTTP Status Code to Report Legal Obstacles' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-httpbis-legally-restricted-status-04.txt)

I'd like to revive the discussion of the 5xx equivalent of this, (tentative
name, error 551) ?

On my website, onion.link, we use both errors.  We use 451 for cases in
which the client's jurisdiction forbids the transmission of content (the
largest case for us is Russia and it's anti-drug laws), but we use 551 for
cases in which the server's jurisdiction (in our case, USA) forbids the
transmission of content (usually child abuse).

I feel this is an important distinction because the implication is that the
client could can VPN around a 451, while for a 551 no VPN would help.

-Virgil