Re: Calls for Adoption -- Cookie-Related Specifications

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel@haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 08:39:37 +0100 (CET)
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
On Tue, 22 Dec 2015, Mark Nottingham wrote:

> * https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-west-leave-secure-cookies-alone-04
> * https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-west-cookie-prefixes-05
>
> So, please discuss on-list:
>
> 1) Your intent to implement these specifications (or lack thereof).
> 2) Your support for these specifications (or lack thereof).

I particapted in the RFC 6265 process on the http-state list.

As the main author of curl and libcurl's cookie parser and logic, I completely
sympathize and agree with what these drafts are set out to do and I will work
on implementing them once we agree on the content.

I consider both of them to be clearly written and very good input for making a
revised cookie spec. Not the least because they have a very small risk of
actually damaging already deployed sites while adhering to them will improve
future work.

--

  / daniel.haxx.se