RE: Last Calls

On 04 December 2015 17:13, Hervé Ruellan wrote:

> In 2.4, the third paragraphs says that a client can become aware of multiple
> alternative services, citing: "or, an alternative service might itself advertise an
> alternative".
>
> However, due to the invalidation rule, if an alternative service advertise an
> alternative, this new alternative invalidates the previous list of alternatives.
> So if you have Origin -> alt1 -> alt2, then you keep only alt2 and don't have a
> list.
> I therefore propose to remove the "or, an alternative service might itself
> advertise an alternative".

It is not clear to me if you have an issue with the invalidation and alternative service offering alternative(s), or just the location of the phrase in 2.4, paragraph 3. I agree it seems odd in the example context but I think that regardless of the invalidation. In certain use cases the invalidation may well be required, so I would prefer to keep it. If the list has some importance, the alternate could/should continue to offer such a list.

> I've also sent a few editorial nits as a pull request.
I've seen this PR (looks good) but not seen a PR about the above suggested removal.

Lucas

http://www.bbc.co.uk
If you have received it in
Do not use, copy or disclose the