Re: Call for Adoption: Encrypted Content Encoding

For me I'd like to see a few more words, since we know a bit more about
risks associated with at least one form of key management.  Specifically
around automated key management.  Probably this should be its own
subsection, but here at least is a start (consider this an old fashioned
pull request):

<-->snip<-->
It is possible for an attacker to encrypt the content in the public
key(s) of one or more individuals, where a file sharing service or a
blind cache is either broken into or otherwise populated, leading to the
potential infection of one or more recipients who process the content.

There are several different approaches to addressing this problem.  The
first would be for end user systems to apply a high amount of scrutiny
on any such encrypted content, regardless of the sender (since the
sender may have been compromised) in much the same way that unwanted
email messages are retreated today.  A second method would be for the
recipient to have the message scanned for viruses, either on-board or
through some network service.  A third method would be for a model to be
developed where content is attested to by an agent that the publisher
trusts with the content whose signature intermediaries and recipients
might also trust.  These methods are not mutually exclusive.

Eliot