Re: SSL/TLS everywhere fail

--------
In message <C83FFB64-757E-4150-940C-829C9974E359@lukasa.co.uk>, Cory Benfield writes:

>The attack to worry about is: what if the attacker replaces the body *in its
> entirety*, headers and all? How do we protect against that?

As in you get a bogus body and there is no signature ?

I think I'd lock that down with DNSSEC/DANE providing the information
that all HTTP under this domain must be signed with a particuar cert.

For real-time streaming traffic, it would be necessary with some
sort of "Transfer-Encoding: signed-chunks"

An escape-hatch, a signature which says "this object has other
integrity-checks" could be used for things like streaming video,
where integrity is built into the data already.

As for the CA thing:  My distrust is with the content of the default
root-cert lists shipped, not with the protocol mechanisms.