Re: SSL/TLS everywhere fail

From: Jacob Appelbaum <jacob@appelbaum.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2015 15:33:03 +0000
To: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Cc: Werner Baumann <werner.baumann@onlinehome.de>, ietf-http-wg@w3.org
On 12/4/15, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:
> --------
> In message
> <CAFggDF2hSw5fD9G62wrB2hrSD5Mi3ZuLLHwSxL_KBpxh9SnSrA@mail.gmail.com>
> , Jacob Appelbaum writes:
>
>>Ironically some of the most successful capitalist companies are in
>>favorite of encrypting everything.
>
> ... so that nobody else can see how they are violating the citizens
> privacy.

I don't think this is completely correct. We know it is happening and
often because other parties whine that they can't do it to those same
very users in secret!

> Yes, I don't see that as any kind of positive.

It isn't really a positive, I agree. Though it serves as an active
example which has benefits for creating a situation for change.

All the best,
Jacob