Re: SSL/TLS everywhere fail

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2015 15:31:28 +1100
To: Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>
Cc: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>, Mike Belshe <mike@belshe.com>, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>, Amos Jeffries <squid3@treenet.co.nz>
On 4 December 2015 at 04:20, Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie> wrote:
> For me, the blame here is squarely on the despotic regime.

That might be unfair.  I happen to be related to a resident of that
fine country and that's not the general view.  Misguided, almost
certainly, and probably a great many other things, but I think that we
should be careful not to throw dem stones too hard.

Yes, the blame here likely lies with the government.  But labels like
that are unlikely to help.