RE: Alt-Svc WG Last Call comment https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/121

From: Lucas Pardue <Lucas.Pardue@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2015 09:22:30 +0000
To: "ietf-http-wg@w3.org" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Hi Julien,

Thanks for considering this issue and the others I have raised, the resolutions have all been good with just this one to finish off.

> I agree this is odd, and it's a result of our resolution for
> <https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/36>, in which we
> realized that tracking though Alt-Used is much less interesting than tracking
> through the host names used for alternative services.
>
> As such, the simplest possible fix is to remove the sentence.
>
> The alternative would be to re-introduce a discussion of the tracking risk
> caused by Alt-Used into Section 9.4.

I've not seen any discussion about your suggestions, which leans me towards the simple fix. However, saying that, it does seem a shame to discard information that someone may value in the future.  I'll be happy to leave the solution choice to your discretion.

Kind Regards
Lucas