Re: Call for Adoption: Encrypted Content Encoding

On 01.12.2015 09:33, Julian Reschke wrote:
> On 2015-12-01 09:22, Walter H. wrote:

>>> The browser will build a end to end TLS tunnel through known proxies.
>>> Intercepting proxies may do MITM and
>> and exact these intercepting proxies can't validate this content, if it
>> contains malware or not;
>> as I said, THIS DRAFT IS NONSENS;
>
> Are you promoting the concept of intercepting proxies that break up
> HTTPS?
not really, this concept will come more and more as a weapon againt
paranoia that
everything "must" be HTTPS

>>> RFC7469 says it is allowed for clients to turn off pin validation
>>> based on some policy and still be compliant. Is this what you want to
>>> reference?
>>>
>>> However it is also compliant to not do this and do pin validation.
>>>
>> what does this help preventing clients receiving malware, that will be
>> raised through this draft?
>
> Privacy and the ability for third-parties to inspect the contents
> obviously are conflicting goals. Nothing new here.

and why DOES someone really want to promote something (THIS) to a
standard, which
raises these problems?
> One reason for the use of encrypted content in a "blind cache" is to
> allow caching of HTTPS content without having to mount a MITM attack.
this draft is in connection with HTTP not HTTPS
> And I believe that's a very good reason.

not  really,
dynamic content is not cacheable and static content - at these times
rearely to find - needn't be HTTPS ...