Re: Call for Adoption: Encrypted Content Encoding

From: Walter H. <Walter.H@mathemainzel.info>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2015 05:48:56 +0100
To: ietf-http-wg@w3.org
Hello,

can someone tell me REAL USEFUL use case where someone would need
this way of having something encrypted on a webserver?

HTTP means hypertext transport protocol and nothing more;

there has always been the alternative to transfer an encrypted file
(e.g. a .rar file, or .zip file or whatever) using any way of transfer
(e.g. FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, ...)
there is no reason not doing so now.

Walter