Re: Call for Adoption: Encrypted Content Encoding

From: Cory Benfield <cory@lukasa.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 15:12:14 +0000
Cc: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>

> On 25 Nov 2015, at 04:53, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net> wrote:
>
> Please comment on-list; we’ll make a decision about adoption at the end of next week.

In general, I’m +1 on this, and can also claim Intent to Implement for the Python Requests library.

I do have a few general concerns with the spec as written. Firstly, some of the text remains fairly unclear, though that could just be the problem of an early draft. I am however concerned a bit with the padding model: it seems remarkably unusual to front-pad, and the draft makes no effort to explain why it was done the way it was. Can someone elaborate on that decision?