Getting draft-ietf-httpbis-alt-svc to Working Group Last Call

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 08:32:28 +0100
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Hi there,

there have been quite a few issues addressed since draft 08, see
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-httpbis-alt-svc-latest-from-previous.diff.html>.

Right now, we have three open issues
(<https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/labels/alt-svc>):

"Reconciling MAY/can vs. SHOULD"
(<https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/101>) - this was
discussed during the WG session in Yokohama, but I did not agree with
the outcome. I attempted to address the underlying issue in
<https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/commit/acc3ae3c4290323069501d55ea8cdb5bacdbc6e8>
and currently wait for feedback on it. (And I'd like to have this
resolved before submitting the next draft).

The two other issues are:

"alt-svc from https (1.1) to https (1.1)"
(<https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/91>) and "alt-svc vs
the ability to convey the scheme inside the protocol"
(<https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/92>) are related and
were both raised by me. Let's get to them once we have a new draft and
then try to finish up...

Best regards, Julian