Re: Accept Push Policy draft

> On 27 Oct 2015, at 02:54, Hervé Ruellan <herve.ruellan@crf.canon.fr> wrote:
>
> The Accept Push Policy Draft [1] is a proposal for enabling a client and a server negotiate how the server uses HTTP/2 push. This is realized by defining possible "push policies", i.e. behaviours, that  the server can use while responding to the client's request.
>
> These ideas took their origin in the MPEG DASH FDH group, which is looking on how DASH can take advantages of bidirectional protocols such as HTTP/2 and WebSocket.
>
> The draft is a proposal to take these ideas and make them available for wider usage, keeping only the "push policies" that can be used by any generic HTTP/2 server.
>
> Comments are welcome !
>
> Hervé.
>

> [1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ruellan-http-accept-push-policy-00

Hervé,

My first impression on this draft is really positive: it seems like an extremely useful header field, and potentially extremely flexible. I have some notes:

- Section 3: Your italics didn’t render out, you have explicit underscores. I assume that’s not intentional.
- Section 3.1: I think the Accept-Push-Policy should be extended to support a comma-separated list. It seems insufficiently flexible to allow only one push policy to be requested, especially if custom/private push-policies are defined. More generally, a comma-separated list will help ensure that push policies are kept simple and tightly scoped, rather than encouraging policies to be monolithic to allow multiple behaviours.

Those are my initial notes, but I’m going to keep a close eye on this draft! Great work!

Cory