Re: Call for Adoption: draft-fielding-http-key

On Thu, Oct 01, 2015 at 03:22:40PM +1000, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> We discussed this document in Dallas:
>   <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fielding-http-key>
> ... as well as on and off since then.
>
> Based on the feedback received and after discussion with our Area Director, I
> believe that we should adopt this document as a WG product, with a target of
> Proposed Standard.
>
> Since I'm an author on the document, I've asked Martin Thomson to be Document
> Shepherd, to help judge consensus both of the CfA and during the document's
> LC, should we adopt it. He has graciously agreed.
>
> Please comment on-list; we???ll make a decision about adoption at the end of
> next week. The result of this CfA will also help us determine how to go
> forward with the Client Hints document.

It's quite interesting, I'm already seeing the benefits it can provide
compared to Vary. For example it could be more permissive regarding the
Accept-Encoding header field (eg: "Key: accept-encoding; match=gzip").

I definitely think it should be adopted!

Willy