FW: New Version Notification for draft-bishop-decomposing-http-00.txt

I started writing this on the way home from Munster, and have incorporated some feedback from a few other folks.  The goal is really to understand the lines between the HTTP semantic layer, the transport, and the "goo" that makes it possible to carry one over the other.  The goal is not merely layering for architectural purity's sake, but modularity.  As we discuss the possibility of layering HTTP over new transports, I think it's useful to understand what parts of the equation are "really" HTTP, and which ones are there simply to provide a service HTTP needs that's missing from the transport.

Feedback, issues, pull requests, etc. are welcome at https://github.com/MikeBishop/http-layering.

-----Original Message-----
From: internet-drafts@ietf.org [mailto:internet-drafts@ietf.org]
Sent: Friday, August 21, 2015 4:12 PM
To: Mike Bishop <Michael.Bishop@microsoft.com>; Mike Bishop <Michael.Bishop@microsoft.com>
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-bishop-decomposing-http-00.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-bishop-decomposing-http-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Mike Bishop and posted to the IETF repository.

Name:  draft-bishop-decomposing-http
Revision: 00
Title:  Decomposing the Hypertext Transfer Protocol
Document date: 2015-08-21
Group:  Individual Submission
Pages:  12

Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bishop-decomposing-http-00

Abstract:
   The Hypertext Transfer Protocol in its various versions combines
   concepts of both an application and transport-layer protocol.  As
   this group contemplates employing alternate transport protocols
   underneath HTTP, this document attempts to delineate the boundaries
   between these functions to define a shared vocabulary in discussing
   the revision and/or replacement of one or more of these components.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat