Re: AD review of draft-ietf-httpbis-cice-01

On 2015-07-21 13:32, Barry Leiba wrote:
> A fine document, well written; I have no comments on the content.

Thanks.

> I only have the question of why it doesn't "update" 7231.  I think it
> updates Section 5.3.4, in that clients need to know that they might
> now see "Accept-Encoding" in a response.  Without the "updates",
> clients might be less likely to be changed to support this.  Let's
> discuss this, please.

We are updating the header field registry:
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-http-cice-latest.html#iana.considerations>.
The assumption being that for those parts of HTTP which have IANA
registries, the registry itself is the normative location to find the
protocol description for a given element. This scales better than
"updates" which always applies to a complete RFC.

> But this shouldn't get in the way of last call, so I'll go ahead and
> request last call now.
>
> Barry, ART Director

Best regards, Julian