Re: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-benfield-http2-p2p-00.txt

On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 04:51:21PM +0100, Cory Benfield wrote:
> For those who are interested, I’ve submitted an initial draft for
> the HTTP/2 P2P extension to the IETF data tracker: you can find
> information about that draft below.
> >
> > Name:  draft-benfield-http2-p2p
> > Revision: 00

The seemingly only reason server-side SETTINGS_PEER_TO_PEER
is if client wants to wait for acknowledge of server support
before sending its CLIENT_AUTHORITY frames. But omitting that
wait would just cause the CLIENT_AUTHORITY frames to be harmlessly
ignored.

What are the semantics if client sends multiple CLIENT_AUTHRORITY
frames?

The document seems to assume authorities are always global, not
either global or of restricted scope (including link-local).
But usage of authorities of restricted scope has its own issues.

The descriptions of PUSH_PROMISE behavior look bit convoluted.

One seems to say that (given certain conditions) server MAY
set SETTINGS_PUSH_PROMISE to 1.

The other seems to say that to push, one must have per-stream
server role on associated stream.

-Ilari