Re: dont-revalidate Cache-Control header

On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 2:23 AM, Ben Maurer <ben.maurer@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 9:07 PM, Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Like I said, you can implement your proposed solution today, without
>> writing any standards.  Sure, only Chrome supports it right now, but
>> that's a whole lot more of the web than none of it.
>>

> Using unique URIs to define resources is a common behavior to many sites
> and is widely recommended in blogs/books/etc. It seems worth creating a
> standard way to implement this recommendation that is far simpler than a
> service worker.

Agree!

But again, why not just changing the page reload behavior by some directive
on the page reloaded, rather than changing the caching semantics of the
cached objects? Changing the caching semantics to make a url absolutely
permanent is dangerous as we discussed, you can freeze a page.

My proposal to just specify the reload behavior for subresources (disabling
revalidation) on the page that causes the fetches looks a simple and less
dangerous. Just makes the reload button same as clicking on the url bar and
pressing enter again.

--
Guille -ℬḭṩḩø- <bishillo@gmail.com>
:wq