Re: Clarification of HTTP Delete rules

Hello Grahame,

The current definition of DELETE is at
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7231#section-4.3.5. It contains some more
explanations about where DELETE is useful/appropriate.

As far as I understand, there's no fundamental problem with using query
parts in an URI in a DELETE request. A somewhat plausible example
matching the explanation in RFC 7231 would be
DELETE /document?page=15

But you shouldn't expect something to be widely supported, neither on
the client side nor on the server side.

Regards,   Martin.