Re: X-Forwarded-For and HTTP2

On Wed, Jul 08, 2015 at 05:59:23PM +0000, Mike Bishop wrote:
> But if the terminator is speaking HTTP/2 on both sides, is it muxing requests
> into fewer connections?  A extension that adds "present on all requests"
> semantics would work if every client connection has a corresponding server
> connection, but that's not necessarily the case.

I think there's no need for such a thing in the protocol, it can easily
be implementation-specific as we all do with various header additions on
the gateway such as x-ssl or whatever.

The simple idea of making people *think* there's a correlation between
both sides worries me about possible outcomes such as broken products
which consider that their mode is the correct one and who will expect
all agents around them to maintain the 1:1 relation between both sides
connections. That sounds a bit scary to me to be honnest.

Regards,
Willy