Re: draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-latest, "Abstract"

Hi Tim,

There are a lot of background projects to improve the presentation of RFCs out there; it’s probably best to get involved in one (or several) of them, rather than any one spec (since we use external stylesheets).

A few links that might interest you:

## Julian Rescke’s XSLT — <https://github.com/http2/http2-spec/blob/master/lib/rfc2629.xslt>

This is what produced the spec you link to below. Last I heard, Julian doesn’t have a definitive repository for this; Julian?

## My Bootstrap-flavoured XSLT — <https://github.com/mnot/rfcbootstrap>

Based upon Julian’s, but grafting in Boostrap for presentation. See <http://httpwg.github.io/specs/rfc7231.html> for an example. I’m happy to take issues / pull requests (it definitely needs more work).

## xml2rfc — <http://xml2rfc.ietf.org>

Python program that produces HTML output, often considered to be the “definitive” (if very ugly) output.

## RFC future format — <http://www.rfc-editor.org/rse/FormatFAQ.html>

The RFC Editor is running a program to change the format of RFCs itself, and last I heard, the definitive format would be XML, allowing different stylesheets to be used to present it. Participating here may give you the most bang for your buck in the long term.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/