Re: Working Group Last Call for draft-ietf-httpbis-tunnel-protocol

On 25 March 2015 at 16:12, Adrien de Croy <adrien@qbik.com> wrote:
> The feedback from proxy vendors on this proposed header seems to have been
> largely ignored.

I'm sorry if you think that is the case, because that was certainly
not my interpretation of the discussion.

The answer to your concern was that application tokens identify the
entire protocol precisely.  This is the decision regarding ALPN use
that has been codified into HTTP/2.

I understand that this made a few people sad and they wanted something
else - primarily something that had explicit and separate
identification for TLS - but we don't have an alternative that is
well-enough defined to use.