Re: Preliminary agenda for Dallas

​​On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 4:14 AM, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
wrote:

> --------
> In message <54FECF31.4010207@gmx.de>, Julian Reschke writes:
>
> >> In other words: The WG is going to totally ignore the substance of
> >> the first competent, comprehensive and thorough outside review
> >> HTTP/2.0 has ever received.
> >
> >The WG is going to follow the IETF process.
> >
> >> Show of hands:  How many think that is the wrong thing to do ?
> >
> >It's the only thing we can do right now short of stopping the process of
> >publishing the HTTP/2 spec.
>
> Considering the severity of the critique, that would be the only
> intellectually defensible thing to do.

​That doesn't seem reasonable to me. As mentioned upthread, most of the
details that Bob brought up were discussed thoroughly in the working group.
If he had, say, exposed a critical security flaw then that we be a
reasonable course of action. But if we had to stop the process any time
someone had complaints about a spec, no spec would ever be completed.​