Re: Richard Barnes' Discuss on draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-16: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

On 28 January 2015 at 00:24, Richard Barnes <rlb@ipv.sx> wrote:
> "The server MUST include a value in the ":authority" header field for which
> the server is authoritative (see Section 10.1).  If a client receives a
> PUSH_PROMISE for a resource for which the server is not authoritative, it
> MUST respond with a stream error (Section 5.4.2) of type PROTOCOL_ERROR."
>
> (Or maybe STREAM_REFUSED?  Since these requests should not be processed at
> all by the client.)

WFM.  (STREAM_REFUSED doesn't add value in this context: we don't need
to worry about retries, because retries are allowed anyway.)

I'll keep my proposed MUST NOT; no harm in having extra coverage for
something important like this.