Re: comments about draft-ietf-httpbis-header-compression

If the goal is to just make an algorithm that can work with a static
entropy code with a static dictionary and no LZ77 outside the static
dictionary, the current format (deflate) needs no changes. Deflate supports
all these concepts. You only need a new encoder -- although zlib with
setting a dictionary and running it with quality == 1 is a pretty close
match already, only the static entropy coding is missing then.

Was HPACK ever benchmarked against using deflate in such configuration?
Would you accept help in setting up such an experiment?

Note, that with a static dictionary I mean that we would generate a single
deflate dynamic dictionary from a header corpus and always encode all data
with that -- I don't refer to the static Huffman mode in deflate.