Re: 204 no content response with Content-Length header.

On 29 May 2015 at 16:03, Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu> wrote:

> Not necessarily if everyone in the chain acts as specified both in 2616
> and 7230 : response message doesn't contain a body *regardless of headers*.

except by definition this situation occurs when somebody in the chain is
acting NOT according to 2616/7230 and has either attached a body when they
should not have, or indicated a content-length when there is no content.

My point is that it is dangerous to try to distinguish between those two
alternatives. Somebody in the chain is acting badly, so cut the chain!

cheers

--
Greg Wilkins <gregw@webtide.com <gregw@intalio.com>>  - *an Intalio.com
subsidiary*