Re: Alt-Svc + Proxy Pac

I agree with martin's suggested resolution.

fwiw the original netscape documentation says that the host argument is the
host extracted from the url for convenience (what else could it say?). I
think making existing pacs do indeterminate things based on which argument
they are looking at is a mistake.

separately - there has been some talk about standardizing modern pac - One
thing we could do in that space is make the list of alternatives available
to the PAC file though a separate variable, argument, or helper function.
The PAC is really about routing afterall. It could not only select a proxy
with that information, it could also implement alternate selection (through
some new return mechanism) and return DIRECT.

-P