Re: Linking a cookie to an IP address is a very bad in 2015...

On 03.04.2015 08:21, Willy Tarreau wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 03, 2015 at 08:14:02AM +0200, Walter H. wrote:
>> have you ever looked at your cards (credit, debit, ...) a little bit
>> more precise?
>> they have both the magnetic part on back and the chip on front ...
> Yes and you can even erase it (and lose access to parkings and tolls).

yes, and you also can make a 1:1 copy on another "duplicate" card ...
guess why you lose access?
>>> The magnetic part contains the same things that are printed on the card.
>> wrong information; the magnetic part has the ident function as the chip
> Nothing related to the pin. You *cannot* use your PIN offline with the
> magnetic stripe.
wrong, outside the EU the only way ...
>> guess why you must enable your card for areas outside EU?
>> (this rule is since Jan, 1st 2015)
> So that your bank accepts transactions from outside the SEPA area.

and how does this payment really work?
> Anyway I'm not interested in pursuing this useless conversation, I'm
> wasting my time trying to convince you you're mistaken and that's not
> my problem.
I'd say, I should tell this somewhere,
  to sort you out from IETF workgroup, because your wrong knowledge is a
risk to the whole internet

get the right information, to be able to talk about ...

have a nice day