Re: I-D Action: draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-16.txt

On Mon, Dec 01, 2014 at 03:29:58PM -1000, Martin Thomson wrote:
> 420 Enhance Your Calm.  The problem here is that there is a resource
> that is committed (the socket that sites in TIME_WAIT) and no
> accounting for it under the current set of resource limits (most
> likely SETTINGS_MAX_CONCURRENT_STREAMS).

The issue is that a regular implementation doesn't really know. In
fact when it knows, it's too late :-/

> This isn't really special in that regard; I'm sure that the greater
> ease with which clients can initiate requests will open other avenues
> for exploitation on servers.  That said, adding DoS considerations
> text is easy.

Yes I think that the best solution here is to just add some text so that
implementers can think about it when doing the code, and possibly plan
for system-dependant variants.

Best regards,
Willy