Re: #612: Adopting pull #644

For me, these are the magic words in the PR:

Endpoints MAY choose to generate a <xref
target="ConnectionErrorHandler">connection
error</xref> of type <x:ref>INADEQUATE_SECURITY</x:ref> if one of the
prohibited cipher
suites are negotiated. However, implementations MUST NOT generate this
error in
reaction to the negotiation of a cipher suite that is not in the prohibited
list.
Consequently, when clients offer a cipher suite that is not prohibited,
they have to be prepared
to use that cipher suite with HTTP/2

I believe this fixes the fragile handshake problem.  It thus allows
implementers/deployers to be as rigorous or as flexible as they like in
their implementation of 9.2.2 without risking communication failure.

So despite the hacky feel of a large immutable black list, that's a erk I'm
willing to put up with if the browser implementors really do require no
extra latency on h1 connections with weak ciphers.

So looks good to me.

cheers

--
Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com>  @  Webtide - *an Intalio subsidiary*