Re: Fwd: IAB Statement on Internet Confidentiality

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 10:11 AM, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
wrote:

> --------
> In message <
> CABaLYCuO69CHdXNAsyGfGU-yRkr8PnZF7U5yk+vrCXkL2FTF5w@mail.gmail.com>
> , Mike Belshe writes:
>
> >Defining how to bind HTTP to today's leading secure transport protocol
> does
> >not detract from defining how it would be bound to future protocols,
> >if/when they should emerge.
>
> It still belongs in a separate document, so that the linkage is isolated,
> explict and visible.

There is no need for that.  We don't need a separate document to define the
binding to TCP, and we don't need a separate document to define the binding
to TLS.  But we've been over this too many times before.

I will mute PHK again now; so don't interpret my lack of reply as tacit
agreement.

Mike