Re: Concerns about HTTP/2 Priority

--------
In message <CAH_y2NGasMSx1C3kX66Ucvq=szNA-60tmfM6juhTZD=G-vBXNA@mail.gmail.com>
, Greg Wilkins writes:

>My current guess is that the server is going to implement it's own
>heuristic based priority mechanism that will use very little input from
>client supplied priorities, specially not dynamically provided ones.
>Hopefully I'm wrong and the current tree/weights will be useful to the
>server side, but only experimentation will tell.

+1

I'm still of the opinion that no significant loss of performance would
happen if the client just sent a single priority bit meaning:

  '0'
	The fetch is happening in a background context ie:
	  * outside of scroll-regions viewport
	  * in covered tab
	  * in hidden window
	  * screen-saver is running
	  * from a batch-job

  '1'
	The fetch is happening in a foreground context ie:
	  * in view
	  * user is tapping his fingers
	  * from a real-time transaction

And I think the entire priority verbiage should be replaced by
something like that and any more advanced priority communications/state
relegated to extensions.