Re: #612: 9.2.2 requirements

On 2014/11/02 01:53, Martin Nilsson wrote:

> I think it can be even easier than that. Given the assumption that no new suites
> will be created with worse security properties than the banned ones the
> ciphersuite can be any of these three
>
> - Known and secure
> - Known and insecure
> - Unknown and secure

Not necessarily true. Of course nobody wants to create new suites with
worse properties, but just imagine a new suite that looks very good and
gets introduced, but then a year or two down the line, a crucial flaw is
found. For a piece of software that hasn't been updated during that
time, the cypher is unknown but insecure.

Regards,   Martin.