Re: null ciphers in 9.2.2

On 8 October 2014 09:37, Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com> wrote:

> The switches exist only for private deployments.

Can guarantee that no such private standards overrides have ever been
deployed publicly?  Or even become the new norm?  RFC2616 had a 2
connection limit, but circumstances made browser first optionally breach
that and then eventually it became the new norm?     We cannot predict the
future and we cannot say that 9.2.2 breaches may not eventually be widely
deployed.

Rather than saying the fragile handshake will not be a problem because you
know what the future will hold, why not just fix the fragile handshake?

What is the down side of fixing the handshake?

--
Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com>