Re: 9.2.2 Cipher fallback and FF<->Jetty interop problem

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 5:41 PM, Roy T. Fielding <fielding@gbiv.com> wrote:
> I still don't believe that any of these requirements belong in h2,
> and I won't implement them even if they end up in the RFC.

As much as I would like to have 9.2.2 reworded to delegate to the TLS
spec, not implementing it on servers while all major browsers
implements it will result in a closed connection, no fallback and an
empty white page.
Not really good for HTTP/2, but alas.

Unfortunately there seems to be no way to make the editors change
their mind, so I am curious what kind of ripple effects do you foresee
by not implementing 9.2.2 as it currently stands.
We can weigh these effects and perhaps decide to not implement 9.2.2
in Jetty as well.

Thanks !

--
Simone Bordet