Re: h2 Connection Preface

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 09:01:28 -0700
To: "Simpson, Robby (GE Energy Management)" <robby.simpson@ge.com>
Cc: "ietf-http-wg@w3.org" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 9 September 2014 07:10, Simpson, Robby (GE Energy Management)
<robby.simpson@ge.com> wrote:
> Why is piggybacking of ACKs disallowed?  We could thus save 9 octets,
> particularly during the connection preface.

I missed this earlier.  There was a preference expressed for a clean
demarcation between settings and acknowledgements.  I don't think it
was a strong preference, but since the only reason to allow
piggybacking was to save bytes and that saving was for a relatively
rare frame type, I think that it was easier to go with the no
combination option.