Re: h2 Connection Preface

On 9 September 2014 07:10, Simpson, Robby (GE Energy Management)
<robby.simpson@ge.com> wrote:
> Why is piggybacking of ACKs disallowed?  We could thus save 9 octets,
> particularly during the connection preface.

I missed this earlier.  There was a preference expressed for a clean
demarcation between settings and acknowledgements.  I don't think it
was a strong preference, but since the only reason to allow
piggybacking was to save bytes and that saving was for a relatively
rare frame type, I think that it was easier to go with the no
combination option.